When you see a kid scratching their head, the first thing that goes through your mind is probably that they have lice.
The experience of having these little creatures creeping in your hair is pretty excruciating but it’s the removal part which scares most people.
No child likes to be combed with a lice comb. Not only is it painful but it takes forever to make sure each one of these little guys are gone.
And if your child is antsy and restless like my kid is, the procedure can even feel close to impossible.
Lice are actually not unusual among adults either but they are spread more easily between children since kids spend more time close to one another at school and on playgrounds.
Having lice is not fatal or particularly dangerous but it’s nevertheless a rather unpleasant experience that can cause a lot of itching and discomfort. Another important reason to get rid of them is that they multiply extremely quickly.
There are helpful shampoos specifically produced to remove lice but they are not always effective. Firstly, you have to spend hours removing each egg. To treat and kill a whole family of lice, you’ll need more than just one or two bottles, which can end up being very expensive.
This is why I suggest trying this method instead!
Not only is it cheap but it’s free from any chemicals and you don’t have to agonize your kids for hours doing it.
• A lice comb
• White wine vinegar
• A plastic bag or shower cap
What to do:
1. Wet your hair with the mouthwash, then cover your hair with a shower cap or a plastic bag. Let it sit for an hour. This might sound crazy but lice really dislike the strong smell of mouthwash.
2. Rinse your hair and then wet your hair again — this time with white wine vinegar. The vinegar helps get rid of the eggs. Allow the vinegar to sit for one hour by once again covering your hair.
3. Now wash your hair with a regular shampoo and comb it with a lice comb.
4. If there’s a case of lice going around at school, spray your child’s hair with a little mouthwash before they leave the house to keep the lice away. And hey — your kids will smell fresh all day!
This method is effective and you won’t expose yourself and your children to any strong chemicals while doing it, according to the Healthy Life Center.
Please share this article with your friends on Facebook so that more people are aware of this clever trick for removing lice!